Created in Love / Called with a Purpose
Jeremiah 1 and Acts 1
In the first chapter of Jeremiah, God speaks to a young Jeremiah (probably around 13 years old at that time) and reveals to him the eternal Love and plan that gave him life, and gives his life ultimate meaning. God’s words to Jeremiah are meant to give him his calling and confirm to him that his life is a gift, it is purposeful, and it is meaningful.
And these aren’t just words for Jeremiah.
As we listen to this grace-filled dialogue, we hear the same words spoken to us.
We can thank God for the gift of our life. We ask Him for the grace we need to respond, without hesitation, in the way we live everyday to his eternal love and purpose for our life.
The foundational truth that was meant to sustain Jeremiah through all of life’s up’s and down’s is that he has been created in love and has been called for a purpose.
The same is true for you.
1. Jeremiah’s Call (Jeremiah 1:4-10)
- A Divine Call (4-5)
- A Doubtful Candidate (6)
- A Divine Corrective (7-8)
- A Demolition Campaign (9-10)
2. Our Call (Acts 1:8)
- The How
- The What
- The Where
- When considering God’s call on your life, what excuses are you tempted to make? What objections do you raise?
- What does God tell you not to say?
- Are their things God has set you over that you need to take ownership of?
- Where is He calling you to be His witness?
Leave a Comment