Today’s Text: Psalm 119: 121-128
Today’s Song: Give Me Jesus
Today we move into a new section: Psalm 119:121-128.
Here we are given a survival kit for hard times.
Here are my study notes:
- His conscious is clean; he has done what is right and just;
- He has lived faithfully to the word; right decisions based on right principles; (Chose the right path based his just commands)
- He is scared for the future: he needs some assurance: give me a pledge of your goodness
- oppressors; they are active; 121, 122
- 123: God is silent; (this is every bit as difficult as the oppressors)
- “a fulfillment” – a word– but not the objective word like the bible; but a word that is brought powerfully home to our minds and hearts; a word from the Lord for the moment we are in;
- In spite of it all; He is confident in God’s love; (124)
- implication: God expresses his love by teaching his word;
- Teach me…understanding…know
- 126: they have “treated your commandments as void of significance”
- that is how they have broken it; they have utterly disregarded it;
- Therefore (1) in times like this- I will reaffirm my love for God;
- Therefore (2) I reaffirm my commitment to his path;
How do you maintain servanthood; I am your servant in darks days?
- (125, 127) assured of His love; and long for his truth.
- desire Divine action; For me (124) and (126) against the Lord’s enemies;
- 121–122: seek divine intervention
- 127–128: pledge personal commitment;