We are dedicating Friday’s for prayer and fasting.
Historically, the church has fasted on Friday.
Friday was the day Jesus was crucified. It was a day of humiliation. A day of bearing the sins of others. And historically it has been a day of collective fasting and prayer.
Therefore, we dedicate Fridays to fasting and prayer, given our country’s current suffering.
Find some time today to lift up your prayers to God.
Below are the prayer blocks. We invite you to join us, even if you can’t actually join us.
Pray for confidence when I am confused
Anchor Text: Isaiah 55:1-13
Ask God to give you confidence that he is real and his ways are…
- 1. Generous (v. 1)
- 2. Merciful (v. 7)
- 3. Higher (v. 9)
- 4. Purposeful (v. 11)
- 5. Eternally Glorious (v. 12-13)
2. The Church
Pray for unity in Christ’s church
Anchoring Texts: John 17:20-26
Ask God to help our church…
- 1. Know His Protection (v.20)
- 2. Grow in unity (v.21)
- 3. Witness to the world (v.21)
- 4. Look forward, together (v.24)
- 5. Love one another (v.26)
3. The Government
Anchoring Text: Romans 13:1-7
- 1. Established by God (v.1)
- 2. Willing Submission (v. 1)
- 3. Working for good (v. 4)
- 4. Limiting wrongs (v. 4)
- 5. Owed respect (v. 7)
4. Kingdom growth in Our Community
Text: Acts 28:28-31
Ask God to help all His people to…
- 1. Rejoice in God’s Salvation (v. 28)
- 2. Welcome Others (v. 30)
- 3. Proclaim boldly (v. 31)
- 4. Teach faithfully (v. 31)
- 5. Watch God work (v.31)