The greatest need you have right now is more of the love of Jesus.
No matter what you have experienced this past year, or where you have been. You need more of the love of Jesus.
I know this is true for me.
There is nothing I need more in my life than more of the love of Jesus.
- I need more of his love for my wife.
- I need more of his love for my children.
- I need more of his love for his church.
- I need more of his love for my neighbors.
- I need more of his love for the lost and lonely.
No matter where I go, and in every relationship I have…I need more of his love.
How about you?
And I can think of no better time, than Christmas, and now better text, than 1 Corinthians 13 to point us to the love of Christ.
So join us over the next four weeks as we seek to experience the love of Christ, knowing that before we can express to others the kind of love we find in 1 Corinthians 13, we have to experience it from Him.
Here is our outline for tomorrow:
1. Get our Bearings
2. See the Structure
- vv. 1-3: the necessity of love
- vv. 4-7: the character of love
- vv. 8-13: the permanence of love
3. What is Love Better Than?
- The gift of “ordinary” love is better than extra-ordinary worship (v.1)
- The gift of “ordinary” love is better than extra-ordinary wisdom (v.2)
- The gift of “ordinary” love is better than extra-ordinary works (vv. 2-3)