Love does not envy or boast. It is not arrogant or rude.
Before you can express this kind of love you have to first experience this kind of love.
Today we turn our attention to John 13 and the story of Jesus washing the disciple’s feet. In this story we are given a beautiful picture of love that doesn’t envy, doesn’t boast, is not arrogant, is not rude.
My hope for you today is for you to come away with a profound and life-giving sense of the beauty of Jesus.
That you see him in all his glory and beauty.
That you see his way as the superior way,
- the superior way of being;
- the superior way of living;
- the superior way of loving;
This is the way that will bring you to the path of life.
But our key theme for today is: before you can express this kind of love, you have to experience it.
1. Experience the wonders of His love:
- He is loving them during his pain
- He is loving them despite their problems
2. Express the way of His example:
- Look to stoop down
- Utilize the tools of your trade